17 February 2011

eating habits

The majority of my adult life was spent in the Northeast.  When I was approached nearly 3 years ago to transfer south, I saw it as an adventure.

Sadly, though, I've spent most of the years here working such abysmal hours that I still haven't really settled in.

I'm changing that.  I had heard about meetup.com years ago but when I was living in Philadelphia and Wilmington, I had such a network of friends that I could usually find someone to go with me to do anything I wanted to do.  Now that I have the time to get out and about
in my new home, I'm not sure what to do and only know just a very few people.  So I joined some meetup groups and I'm really enjoying them!
 Last night was supposed to be an outing to a comedy show that was cancelled last minute.  A few folks rallied and met at Veritas inside La Maison instead.  Knowing that I'm embarking on a new way of eating, I jumped at the chance to eat at my favorite place in town, no holds barred, before my official start.


It's interesting...the food tasted just as good.  And it is good!  Mussels in a wine, garlic, leek sauce; an antipasti with corbuchons, pate, sausage, brie and prosciutto; vegetable spring rolls; and an apple/pear strudel to finish. 

I noticed, though, when I got home, how heavy I felt.  I don't mean heavy as in weight exactly--more a slow feeling, like my body was weighed down. 

I'm really interested this morning to make my first fresh juice (juicer came late afternoon yesterday--woo-hoo!) and notice the difference in how my body feels after.  From everything I've read, it should be a very different feeling.  Let's go...

No comments:

Post a Comment